Friday, April 12, 2013

My First Avett

About 5 years ago, my friend Kelly introduced me to a band.

The Avett Brothers.

At the time, they weren't quite so big a name as they are now, and since they have worked their way into my heart to be a close second to my all time favorite band Switchfoot. Maybe I have a thing for bands of brothers.

Last night I saw them live for the first time. And it was fantastic, brilliant, wonderful, lovely, super!

We were rather far from the stage, which has its perks, like the fact that I could actually see over the people in front of me and it was really enjoyable to watch the crowd. It was, however, lacking in energy that comes from being in amongst a group of fanatics. But overall it was a good seat.

They performed 3 of my old favorites (which was a delight as often my faves are not the ones that get played at a show) and so many other lovely tunes that were even better live.

I do wish I could have been close enough to see their faces and expressions as they sang the songs that came from somewhere deep inside them. What a thrill it would be to be in a room with thousands of strangers all singing your words back to you! Strangers that all know something about your life, but really know nothing of it.

I want to be their friend. I want to know what those words really mean to them. I want to invite them to my home because they just seemed so stinking fun!

I think it a little silly that it took me this long to see them live, but it was worth the wait. Hopefully I will see them again in the not so distant future.

Good show brothers Avett. Good show.

(And that's one of my 3 concerts for 30 by 30.)

2 comments: