Saturday, June 1, 2013

Just Keep Running #2

I have kept running.

I enjoy running.

There is progress being made in becoming a better and faster runner.

I think the new shoes make me faster:

(what, pink laces?! who am I becoming?)


Last week I ran 6 miles with only a little bit of walking on the back road hill at camp. (I had already run up it twice and three times was not a charm) It is 0.3 miles of steady incline.

This week I ran a 5k distance in 29 minutes. That's 3 minutes faster than my Swamp Rabbit 5k time. (I ran my first actual 5k in May).

Today I ran 6 full miles with no stopping in 1 hour and 6 minutes. Not too shabby for a girl that hated running 3 months ago.

This week I started a half marathon training plan given to me by a pal. It involves interval runs. I do not care for them, but supposedly they will make me faster. Tomorrow I am to run 6 miles again.

I haven't lost any more pounds since I started running, but I am ok with that for now. Reaching new running goals is equally satisfying.


And to any of you who encouraged me to run, many thanks. I really do like it. 

3 comments:

  1. Love the pink laces :) that's my girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you know this, but if you are building muscle, it is denser than fat and will weigh more. I think you should measure your progress in strength and joy! Fact: pink makes you faster and stronger. I am so, so glad you like the new shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you're going to be citing numbers galore - just as I would in your shoes. [Not literally.] But listen to Kris the Shoe Fairy also. There's a whole 'nother side that doesn't have much use for measurement. But spend a couple of decades getting those little ellipses on your car... that say 13.1 and 26.2 and transition when and if you get tired of all the numbers. BTW the Shoe Fairy said (this morning on our walk) that at your pace, 3 times a year might be about right for replacements... if they make that much pink stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete