Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A good weekend

This weekend was good. Just plain good.


It started with a round trip to the beach. Sullivan's island to be exact. 

My friend Abby had a spare ticket to the Lumineers concert in Charleston and I had the rest of the day off. So we (along with 2 others) made our way to Charleston for a short stay at the beach, a good dinner at Poe's Tavern and a fun show under the evening sky. The concert was a good time but the drive and conversation and time spent with friends on either side may have been what I enjoyed the most. 


 
Then, Saturday, my first full day off since camp started, I did quite a few more fun things as well.

I ran 10 miles. 10 miles! And I made it in under my target time by 13 minutes. Apparently, I'm faster than I think I am.

Then, as is the usual for a day off, a few of us camp locals enjoyed a lake day. Swimming, zip lining, sunning, etc.

In the 2 and half years I have been here I had never done the zip line. I have been off of other zip lines plenty in the past few years, but never felt the urge to jump off a platform just to walk back around the lake soaking wet. But, this weekend I decided to change that, and as it turns out, our zip line is quite the enjoyable and smooth ride. I should have done it sooner : )

One of my lifeguards taught me how to run and dive. I can stand and dive, but not take off running and dive in head first. I'm still not great at it, but I can do it now thanks to Ward and his pirate voice.

Kelly, Aly, Lauren and I attempted to get a free meal at a new restaurant in town, but we were a little too late and the lady was not pleased that we new their secret.
 
That evening I made the most delicious cookies I have ever made. Monster cookies thanks to the framily's family recipe. 

Then we went to contra and danced the evening away.

I got my work things completed Sunday morning and was able to attend church and stop at the fram's and enjoy a lunch of Johnny Marzetti which is apparently a regional name for mac and cheese with meat and tomato sauce. Thankfully Kevin is from the same region as me and he didn't think I was crazy for referring to it as such.

Then it was back to the races for another week of camp.

But.

It was a really good weekend. A much needed one indeed.


2 comments:

  1. 10 miles is awesome!! And you look fantastic, I can really see it in your face :P

    ReplyDelete