Monday, December 3, 2012

the new rooms

'i'm living alone! i'm living alone!' kevin mcallister chants in the holiday classic, Home Alone.

and that is what i did for over two years. (not necessarily by choice)

prior to my 2 year stint of living alone, i had a plethora of roommates. my sisters; candace, tabitha, amber, norah, and meghan in college; amy and clarissa during the summers; sommer and a sublet with some college girls in raleigh; and at camp greenville, if i counted correctly, i had somewhere around 20 different housemates in my almost 2 year stay. that's a lot of learning to live with people.

but having lived alone for over 2 years i was pretty used to having my space just the way i liked it, whether my 2 room apt at boclarken or my 3 bedroom double wide at look up.

so upon the request of a friend to live with me i was a little concerned at how i would be able to give up what had been my space for almost 2 years.

despite any concern for my lack of adjustment ability, i quickly accepted and she quickly moved in at the end of october.

having now lived together for a month-ish, i could not think of anyone who would be a better fit to be my roommate.

we leave fun notes for each other often, watch cheesy christmas movies, fill each other in on our days, eat together, play board games, and talk about life and how we kind of think of ourselves as crazy, but as it turns out we are conveniently the same breed of crazy.

this is, sadly, a short term agreement as she will be getting married in april. but short term or not, i am so pleased to have a fun friend living with me for this season.

this is lindsey, the new rooms.
and that is callisto, our favorite board game.

4 comments:

  1. Lindsey looks like fun! Tell me about Callisto sometime, would you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that the blue pillows are still on the orange couch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha. they have actually separated. one is on the blue couch now.

      Delete