Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Break

I realized something today as I sit and enjoy my first day of Christmas break from work.

To not be a student or a school employee and still have a full 2 week long Christmas break as an adult is rare.

And I didn't realize this until today because I have always had one. All the jobs I have had in the past 6 years of living a days drive from home have shut down for the 2 weeks around Christmas. No need to use vacation time. We all just get a gift of a break to enjoy family and friends.

And this break is a HUGE blessing. Huge.

I get to spend more than a weekend at home. I get to do (most) of the family traditions while still having time to just be at home. No rush or pressure to fit everything in.

I have time to run errands and load the car and rest before driving the day away tomorrow. And I will have time at the end to just be in my own house and get in some friend time too.

So to Habitat of Wake County, Camp Greenville, and now Look Up Lodge I must say thank you for seeing the value in a little time off around the holidays.

I sure do enjoy the break.

See you tomorrow OHIO!

2 comments: