Sunday, December 16, 2012

great day: a list

many days can be great.
and many different things can make a day great.

the gentle sound of the rain on the roof of our peaceful and quiet home makes this day great at this time.

some days are great just because and you have no real understanding of why.

and some days are great and you can make a list a mile long of the reasons why.

yesterday was a great day. as i went to bed a wee bit past my usual bedtime, i thought to myself, 'man, today was just a great day.'

and since i like great days and lists and this was a great day that could be made into a list, here is why yesterday was great:
- the weather, it was sunny, but not blinding, cool, but not so cold you have to bundle up
- a quiet morning at home (some people might not think of a morning spent straightening up the house and cleaning up from a holiday party as great, but i thoroughly enjoy it)
- roommate rambling time (have i told you i love my roommate? because i do)
- reading a bit of an enjoyable book (check out my mom's blog for a short review)
- cashing out for the month where i am selling crocheted goods and actually having sold things. almost all my things!
- lunch at a favorite restaurant with some of my favorite people
- meeting the family of friends (i love meeting families of friends and getting a little better understanding of what makes them them)
- hunting for and finding the mice on main in downtown greenville
- spill the beans frozen yogurt, mmm mmm good as always
- contra with a fabulous band and wonderful dancers
- getting to see some of my girls at contra who have been away for the semester and seeing how they are growing up in the short months they go away
- hitting the pillow mildly exhausted, but feeling truly blessed to have had such a great day

5 comments:

  1. It is wonderful having a great day! That's the day that I don't want to go to bed because I know it will end. But then again-maybe the next day will be great, too. Thanks for the shout out to my blog :) Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I just want to write-yes I'm a robot in the confirmation box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this, Hannah. Your focus on people and you're positive interaction with them must give you many great days.

    Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gack! Homophone error alert! Did you catch it? I am definitely retired.

    ReplyDelete