Thursday, March 31, 2016

Feelin (loved) 32

This and other birthdays in recent years have left me with a bittersweet feeling. The feeling of having such wonderful friends and being so loved but still feeling a void in not having a person that is 'my' person. Although I do not have that one person, I do have people that are 'my' people. People who have brought me into their homes, their tribes, their dinner tables, their good and bad, their special moments.

This year, many of those people showed up during birthday month so much that I was overwhelmed beyond words by a feeling of gratitude and great love. Some of those ways were:

Pizza and generosity with my longest local adult friends.

Brick Street Sweet Potato Cake in the park with Lacey!

Birthday month weekly treats arriving from Amazon (via a special aunt)
Who doesn't need a pasta-saurus or a Loch Ness ladle?!

Treats on treats from friends near and far.

An adventure to find a new waterfall and hammock!

A new book from mom and a lovely afternoon in the park.

Passover and Good Friday reflection and sweet memories.

Flowers on my doorstep! (twice)

Cards and notes from my friend's kids telling me why they like me : )

The birthday turtles. Arriving every year. 

A few other things like hikes and walks and best friend weddings and dancing and possibilities that I missed gathering photographic evidence of.

And...

The best this year, my very own song, tune written by our best friend Taylor Swift, lyrics inspired by my life and written by none other than the amazing Abby Moore Keith

No longer 30-fun. Here's to 32!
Full lyrics available here.

View video here! (picture above is a hoax)

Thanks to all who have loved and been there and bring me into your lives. 





2 comments: