Tuesday, March 22, 2016

a list: Feeling (Thankful) 32

Some years for birthdays I make lists.

A few years ago I made these lists:

a list: 28 by 29

a list: 30 by 30

Both of which proved to be full of fun and adventure. Things to accomplish.

This year I turn 32 In two days to be exact. Doesn't seem like a big milestone year numerically. But seeings how 31 is coming to an end on a much higher upswing than it started, I am hopeful for 32. Perhaps it will go in to the best year ever categories like 24 and 29, we shall see.

I don't have any lists of fun things I must do concocted yet for the year, but I am thinking about making some. I function better when I have plans and goals and things to look forward to.

But for now I will write a list of 32 things I am currently thankful for:

1. JESUS. It's Holy Week. The dark and light of the week always gives me chills. It may look dreary and doubtful, but just wait. Sunday is coming!

2. A job that I love. Perhaps I only get to keep it for a season, perhaps I will retire from here, but for now I am thankful to be in a position that allows me to truly feel my gifting being utilized.

3. Dancing.

4. The past two (partly bittersweet) weekends spent marrying off two of my dearest friends.

5. A home in a proximity to work that allows me to not experience road rage ever.

6. Anticipation of the amazingness that will be the re-write of T Swift's Feeling 22 into Abby Moore Keith's Feeling 32 in honor of my 32nd birthday!

7. The spring and the blooms and the leaves and flowers and the birds chirping.

8. The cutest nieces and nephews.

9. My small group at church.

10. Getting a drop in visit with both Amanda and Lacey this week.

11. A heel that seems to be healing
*taking a break from running right when spring starts to try and heal my heel is not very ideal

12. A new book arriving in the mail today! Good job, mom : )

13. Birthday month goodies arriving each week from a pretty special aunt!

14. The anxious anticipation of things that may or may not ever happen.

15. Knowing things about myself that I didn't 7 years ago.

16. Family. (I need to plan a trip home soon!)

17. My fish Franklin. Still alive 3 years and 3 moves later! He's a champ!

18. My car. So practical and efficient. Is it bad to love my car that much?

19. Opportunities to serve.

20. The time to sit and write this.

21. An upcoming long weekend.

22. The month of April and it's lack of crazy.

23. Trying to buy a house and not buying a house but learning a lot about what level of adulting buying a house really is.

24. The number 24. I just like it a lot.

25. Volunteers and family partners at Habitat that make work a joy and delight to be a part of.

26. A dad who sends cute cards and notes and who has sent them for as long as I can remember.

27. Ice cream.

28. No longer having  a leak in my ceiling. It's been months since we fixed it, but I am certainly still very glad that it is no more.

29. Friends that are like family.

30. Lists.

31. The Gilmore Girls Reunion that is happening on Netflix.

32. Birthdays. Not just mine.

...and that's 32 with many more things I could list. I'm also thankful that stopping at 32 things I am thankful for is harder than thinking up 32 things...


Coming soon....the lyrics to Feeling 32, inspired my life and birthday and written by the one and only Abby Moore Keith!

3 comments:

  1. Number 12...You're welcome. �� Number 16 sounds like a great idea. And I'm thankful you are turning 32 with a thankful heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 12...You're welcome. �� Number 16 sounds like a great idea. And I'm thankful you are turning 32 with a thankful heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list! :) Love that you're a list maker, as I am! Happy 32nd birthday, my special niece!

    ReplyDelete