Monday, April 7, 2014

Already, but Not Yet

Currently, my life is in a clear waiting period of already, but not yet. 

I am leaving my current job. 
Things are lined up and planned to do so. But, I have to wait on a few things before the transitioning can end. 
Thusly, I'm not gone yet. 

My new job has begun. 
But I'm still working my job of three and half years. I'm not fully in either. One foot in each. 
Again, not quite yet. 

Because I'm leaving my job, I have to move. 
And I am excited for the coming season of living in a home with a family and not alone. I think it will be really good for me. But I need to enjoy and soak in my last 2 weeks of living in my own house with my own things with my own self. 
So I'm moving (and packing) but not yet. 

I will get to be what I refer to as a 'normal' person again. 
By this I mean I won't be a current camp person anymore. If you are or have ever been a camp person you know we aren't normal, nor are our schedules. But I will get to go to church regularly again and have weekends and evenings a lot more free. But this scares me a little. As a good friend once told me 'you can take the girl out of the camp, but you can't take the camp out of the girl'. I am looking forward to this different season, but as summer approaches I kind of want to say, 'not yet'. 

There will be relational shifts. 
Relationships come and go. Many of mine will change. Some for the better and stronger and richer. Some for the lesser and weaker and looser. 
But not quite yet. 

But. 

I'm in good company. 
In the waiting, in the already, in the not yet, I'm in good company. 

The whole universe is in a state of already, but not yet. 

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. (1 Corinthians 13:12 ESV)

Redemption and salvation have come. Now we wait in hope for the future glory that is promised to us who believe. 

My new chapter is in the pages soon to be turned, but I hope I can enjoy the already while I await the not yet. 


And if a sunrise in the already can be this glorious, I cannot even begin to think or imagine what it will be in the not yet!

5 comments:

  1. Now I understand more about your living arrangements. You are certainly embracing change! I am excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited too (if excited meas anxious and curious and happy and joyful)!

      Delete
    2. I love this post!!! and I'm happy to read it :) The not yet is an awesome place, me thinks.

      Delete
  2. I loved this. Looking forward to hearing about non-camp life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm looking forward to living it...it's a big scary world outside this camp bubble. Ha.

      Delete