Thursday, March 20, 2014

Birthday, Biltmore, Besties, Switchfoot, and Selfies

This year, I will be working on the day of and around my birthday, thus I organized a pre-birthday day of best friends and fun things.

The first fun thing of the day was a trip to the Biltmore House with my lovely friend Amanda. 


This house is incredible. It is overwhelming to think of how it was built in the time it was built. It is overwhelming to think that so much of it was frivolous. It is overwhelming to think that things like this even exist. 

None the less, I was amazed at the detail and the beauty and the secret passage ways and the grounds and the landscape. 

After a lovely day at the Biltmore, I followed it up with an evening with my fabulous friends Ashley and Lara. 

When I saw that Switchfoot would be playing close by and close to my birthday, it seemed like the best choice for my birthday celebrations to begin. And who better to take than my two best friends? (Even if they don't know much of their music.)

Before the show we went to a trendy little food court/marketplace in Charlotte. I had found a living social coupon for a good deal for a little pizza place called Pure Pizza. 

The Living Social deal was nothing close to the best part of the day. 

We ordered, Lara and Ashley, meandered around, and I turned to look around and low and behold, there was Jon Foreman, the front man and lead singer of Swithfoot! Immediately I became a 14 year old girl inside. 

I did what every respectful fan would do sat and considered and thought about what to say and then went up to him and forgot about anything i had thought about  saying and said 'hey, I don't want to bother you, but you've been my fave since the 8th grade...blah blah blah. ' somewhere in the short convo, we snapped a picture and he told me that your 30s are much better than your 20s. And I went back and ate my pizza in a daze. 


Then I checked the photos, and there was a selfie of the guy who took the picture, who looked familiar, but I just assumed was another run of the mill person like me. 

Fast forward to this afternoon, I was piddling on the Internet and saw a picture and thought, 'wait a minute....' Got out my phone and compared pictures.  And apparently the guy that I handed my phone off to was none other than John Mark McMillan. Also a well know among the Christian music realm. Fun guy, that John Mark McMillan. 


Rewind back to the night before and back to the show. As usual, the boys didn't disappoint. 


Acoustic Hello Hurricane, Jon climbing into the balcony, and encouraging words and songs. I'm so thankful that I have had this band for half my life. 


A good start to the birthday celebrations with more celebrating to come as I ring out my 20s and ring in my 30s. 

And to top off a great day yesterday, things just keep getting better because today I got my tickets for the game that I am going to at Fenway in May in the mail!

Let the birthday week continue!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. You.know how to celebrate. But it wont be a true party untli the turtles arrive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am behind with reading your entries. Not sure how that happened. I will check YouTube for Switchfoot since I know nothing about them. What a cool surprise came with your pizza!

    ReplyDelete