Saturday, March 16, 2013

Twinkle, Twinkle

"You should see the stars tonight
How they shimmer and shine so bright
Against the black they look so white
Coming down from such a height
To reach me now"

I have used this song in a post before, but it was the second verse that I wrote about last. This time the first verse is what resonates in my inner deep. It is a simple song, but it is a song that sings to me where many others cannot.

Lately, in the crisp, cool evenings, as I return home from wherever I have been I have had a more keen sense to look to the sky.

I haven't been stargazing just for the sake of stargazing lately, not like I did when I lived at Camp Greenville. Mostly I just catch a glimpse and pause to look up here and there as I continue on with the task or adventure at hand.

While in Eleuthera, many of us took up the practice of stargazing at the end of our days and I was reminded of how I do enjoy it. And as we all connected over this in Eleuthera, a few of us got together to relive our evening activity and enjoy a crisp, clear evening under the same blanket of stars we had previously enjoyed together.

this is with a fancy shmancy camera
we could see a lot of stars, but the camera could see more
(photo creds to David Broughton)
 
 who knew there were so many!
 
 it was not warm, but that made it more of an adventure.
 

Indeed, against the black they looked so white and were shimmering and shining bright.

Under the night sky and the magnificent blanket of twinkling lights I am overwhelmed by a deeper love for the Creator and the world He holds together. To think God just made this, out of nothing, He imagined it and gave it life. He created it. For us to enjoy and for life to happen and for us to find Him. To reach us.

The words of that song and the beauty of the sky fill me with hope in a way that many other things cannot.


3 comments:

  1. When i look at the stars, i see myself... I've enjoyed the night sky for as long as I can remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the price for being out there was the no-see-um bites... but apparently worth it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Eleuthera, yes. Here it was just painfully cold toes for about 30 minutes.

      Delete