Monday, November 12, 2012

ohio in the fall

now, don't get me wrong. i live in the foothills of the mountains, fall here is wonderfully beautiful.

but.

there is just something a little more attractive to me about my part of ohio in the fall. the air is just the right amount of crisp. there is often a smell of burning leaves filling the air. the sunset on the silhouetted almost naked trees.

hay rides, festivals, sweaters, beggar's night, bonfires.

maybe that's it. ohio actually has fall. once it's october you can generally count on it being sweater/sweatshirt weather. here it is a little more hit or miss. one day it's nice and fall like, the next it's warm enough for a t-shirt and shorts.

and this year i made it to ohio in just the right crispness of fall. it has been a few years for this.


and not only was it the right crispness, it was the perfect company for the weekend as well.

for the wickfam reunion we took advantage of the wonderful fall weather with a hayride pulled by grandpa buck's (now my dad's) tractor through a neighbors freshly harvested field and returned to enjoy an evening around a bonfire with hot dogs, s'mores, hot chocolate, and shenanigans.

i love all the season, but i think fall might be my favorite. however, once it is spring, i might write that it is my favorite. either way, the changing seasons have always been a favorite part of life and creation to me. and i am so glad that i got to spend a small piece of my fall in ohio with fantastic weather and even more fantastic people.



4 comments:

  1. I am just so glad you blog. Love hearing your stories and whereabouts and what you love! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know you are in the top 3 reasons i do it :) and hey you wanna know something else i love...YOU! miss you too.

      Delete
  2. I love the seasons, too. Fall was beautiful this year, and I'm glad I got a slice of your time while you were home.

    ReplyDelete