Saturday, April 21, 2012

Limited internet...

The last hotel and our current hotel do not have free wireless, thus the lack of posting. So this will be short and sweet.
Yesterday we were at the dead sea and went for a float. It's a pretty wild experience. We then went to Masada which is a mountain top fortress and palace built in the herodian period. It must have been extravagant. We also went to Qumron where the dead sea scrolls were found. Lastly we headed into Jerusalem for our last hotel stay and 3 more days of touring.
In Jerusalem so far I was able to meet up with an old camp friend and he showed me around the local downtown. And this morning we went to the wailing wall and through a tunnel along the original foundation of the second temple.
Now on to more Jerusalem things. I might get to ride a camel today.

2 comments:

  1. Tim wants to see a picture of you on the camel. Please!

    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe dad posted those if you can get to his Facebook. And I will post pics by next week...I have over 1000 to filter through.

      Delete