Friday, February 22, 2013

We Have Returned

The part of the adventure when we are outside of the every day; when we were soaking up new and different and beautiful things; when we were serving and learning and enjoying being part of a fabulous team; is over.

But.

It seems the journey with many more adventures to come may be just beginning.

What adventures will these be? I don't know yet. And maybe I am incorrect in thinking this, but I seem to feel it deep down that something big, maybe not soon, is going to come of this particular adventure.

To say that the trip was fantastic and wonderful feels like a gross understatement.

To say that I felt like I was floating the whole time seems rather accurate.

To say that I would return there tomorrow if the opportunity presented itself and take on 100 more no-see-um bites is not an exaggeration.

To say that I am 100% confident that it was the right choice to go on this trip with these people rather than wait until April would be correct.

It was one of those adventures that you can't quite nail down. Why was it so great? How was it that different than any other trip? There are many reasons I can think of, but there are also no words that come to mind for some of the wonderment of the trip. It just was.

And I am so very glad that I was a part of it.

The last sunset.
The first team photo.
 
More details will be coming over the next week or two, but for now I just want to rest in the joy of letting the goodness of the trip remain before it wears off when I get back into the full swing of life around here.

6 comments:

  1. I'm getting the idea that you had a good time :-) & that the experience will be percolating through you for a long time. Cool, vague, poetic post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, uncle Jeff! i like being cool, vague, and poetic.

      Delete
  2. how lovely. Had such a wonderful time getting to know you Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you took on this adventure and so glad that God put you with just the right people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures were amazing! I am so glad it was such a Wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete