Friday, February 8, 2013

To Neverland Perhaps

I have always wished to fly off to the magical island of Neverland and it seems that a week from today I will be getting as close to that as ever I have before.

On Friday, I will be heading out to take a trip. (I might like to call this one a journey.)

This trip is one that is mostly about learning, growth, and serving. I don't want to call it a mission trip as Grace Church refers to it as a training camp. My favorite term for it is service learning. Because how better to learn about something than to serve?

It was a bit of a mental and spiritual journey to commit to the trip, but I will write more on that after I return. For now, I will just be informative of what we will be doing and the 'plan' as I know it.

We will head out from Greenville for Florida Friday morning.

After spending the night in FL, we will then fly to the island of Eleuthera, Bahamas early Saturday morning. Upon arriving we will begin some work projects ranging from working with kids to helping a new missionary family settle in and get their living quarters in ship shape. We will have the privilege of worshipping with a local church on the island. There will be some time for sight seeing, I'm sure. And a portion of each day will be filled with some required readings and group discussion times on what it means to live a missional life and how we are learning to best serve our neighbors both home and abroad.

Needless to say, I am super excited about this trip.

I love to travel, to fly, to see new things, to try new things, to meet new people...

And this trip covers all of those things I love!

 
The weather looks like a fabulous break from the pseudo-winter of SC. The scenery looks gorgeous beyond many things I have seen before. And the opportunity for growth is bursting with promise. I can hardly wait to see what God will teach me and how He will move through this trip!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you enjoy meeting new people. You've grown a long way from the shy little girl in the frilly dress. I can't wait to hear about your trip. Prayers and hugs.

    ReplyDelete