Wednesday, January 16, 2013

pro.duc.tiv.ity

productivity was the name of the game today. i didn't intentionally name it that, it just happened.
 
start the day: 6:30 am.
yes, it is my day off. yes, i still got up at 6:30. i have an amazingly accurate and mostly helpful internal alarm clock. i always have. you can ask my parents. sometimes i do wish i could turn it off but today it was a great thing.
 
first things first, look at the list of things i made to do on my day off and see what could be knocked off the list first.
 
- fix rain boots. the heel came unattached after wearing them twice and they have been sitting unused for a year and half. with some shoe glue and some weights i marked that off before 7am. 
 
- update my travel journal. i would prefer to write in it while i am actually traveling, but sometimes i would rather enjoy the adventure. 2 trips to OH and the recent excursion to TN and AL are now documented.
 
- write a note to a friend. check.
 
- clean up craft closet. this could have put a wrench in the whole list. but it was actually rather quick and efficient. i was done with that before 9am!
 
i'm such a weirdo to be excited about doing things so early in the morning.
 
- next up, organize my desk. which led to under the bed, which led to the closet, which led to the extra closet. which led to me thinking i have too much stuff. so i got rid of some of it.
 
- post office. somewhere in the closet organization i paused to run to the post office to mail 2 packages.
 
- and the last thing before lunch was to sew a pillowcase for a friend.
 
- then pause, eat some lunch. unpause, back to productivity day 2013.
 
- make a hemp bracelet per the request of a bracelet owner that has a bracelet on it's last string.
 
- finish a book. any book i'm currently reading would do. i chose the shortest one. Help. Thanks. Wow. by Anne Lamott. it was good. thought provoking.
 
- and then i added some things to the list. sweep the floor, do the dishes, straighten the common areas. take out the trash.
 
- and last on the list: workout. and at 2:20 i took a nice stroll around camp for my daily activity since yesterday i did a real butt kicking workout. and that stroll led me around the lake to see the look up waterfall flowing strong after 3 days of rain.
 


i think my overly productive morning and afternoon were well worth catching the waterfall at its finest and relaxing and enjoying some good company this evening.

hooray for a productive day! i have needed to do some of the things i did today for weeks. i am so pleased to have them done.

6 comments:

  1. So glad you like the Annie Lamott book.

    Mornings are my most productive time. I am always up at 6:00 a.m. This morning I edited the last few chapters of a book a former student is writing, wrote a letter, got my journal up-to-date, and made a grocery list, all before 9:00 a.m. It does feel great to get things done!

    I wish I'd started giving things away when I was young as you are. I have so much stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds like we had a pretty similar morning. i love morning productivity!

      Delete
  2. Impressive...and yes, you are a weirdo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like mornings too… when I go to bed on time… but tonight I can't stop reading your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete