Saturday, March 10, 2012

this one's for you mom...

if not words, i at least have pictures. i was at ft. caswell on the coast of NC for 3 days this week. my phone fell out of the car before leaving camp, which i did not notice until about 30 minutes down the road. having no phone left me a little miffed. i would have no words with friends to entertain myself and i would not be able to send gloating pictures of the ocean and light house and boats to my mom.  and i would not be able to answer any trivial questions that arrise at the drop of a hat. instead i would be left wondering what time is high tide exactly and who sang that one song with those words that we just heard?

but alas, it ended up being kind of nice not having my phone. no super revelations while without it. just nice to really be where i was. no outside connection. mexico could have gone to war with canada and i would not have known.

i think that i might try leaving my phone behind more often.

and when i returned to my phone (which was found in the parking lot minutes after i realized it was not with me) there were texts and voicemails awating me. which was a delight as i thought there would be nothing but spam emails.

although i did not have my phone, i had my handy point and shoot fuji camera. so for you mom, i believe this is the picture that i would have liked to send most:


sunset, lighthouse, and a boat parked safely at the dock. all things i know you love.


there are a few more pictures to post, but not the time to do it today. until next time. 

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh... thank you. I love the picture. I;m so glad you could enjoy where you were. That's something we all need to do. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy that rush of emotion when I realize I forgot my phone: panic than relief. Sometimes it is just freeing to be off the grid. I love your writing, Hannah.

    ReplyDelete